Monday, January 07, 2008

A taster...

I seem to be getting hopelessly behind on my reviews, so will try and motivate myself with a public list of places I've yet to write about.

Dion - Skyscraper-high prices but great steak sandwiches in a Canary Wharf wine bar;
Dover Street - Dinner jazz at Mayfair prices;
Electricity Showrooms - Fairground glamour and comfort food in trendy Hoxton;
Fox & Anchor - My new favourite pub in Clerkenwell;
Gaucho Grill - Steaks;
Kolossi Grill - Cypriotic charm on Exmouth market (shame about the food though);
Kwan Thai - Great views for expense account city folks;
Oops - Decent tapas in theatre land (must try to resist the temptation of making silly puns based on the name);
Rooburoo - Indian goes trendy in Islington;
Searcy's - 1980's decor and fabulous view in the Barbican;
Tate Britain Restaurant - Good food, interesting wine list and an amazing mural...

Phew! No wonder those jeans are starting to feel a bit tight....

No comments: